Upscale Home Services
10934 J St Omaha, Nebraska
Posted August 18, 2021
About Window Cleaning Technicians & Field Operations Leaders
Upscale Home ServicesOmaha, Nebraska Full Time Window Cleaning
Compensation: 14.00 - 22.00 USD, Seasonal bonus opportunity (discretionary)
Window Cleaning Technician
Expanded Job Description Position: Window Cleaning Technician
Reports to: Owner/Operator FLSA: Non-Exempt
I. General Description
The Window Cleaning Tech is primarily responsible for performing the day-to-day tasks of cleaning residential and commercial windows on both a routine and seasonal basis. Additionally, the Window Cleaning Tech will work closely with the Owner/Operator and/or other crew members to complete tasks required in other company offered services such as pressure washing, gutter cleaning, awning cleaning, etc., as assigned.
Position requirements include:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Clean and valid driving record
- Reliable transportation to the RWC shop and/or worksite.
- Previous window cleaning experience is a plus, but not required.
- An average or better mechanical and/or technical aptitude is preferred.
III. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The core duties of this position include:
- The ability to work steadily for 8-10+ hours/day, including tasks such as walking, standing, kneeling, reaching, lifting, and climbing.
- Cleaning of interior and exterior residential windows using industry standard techniques and equipment.
- Removal, cleaning, and replacement of interior and/or exterior storm windows.
- Removal, cleaning, and replacement of interior and/or exterior residential screens.
- Cleaning of interior and exterior commercial and retail windows using industry standard techniques and equipment.
- Power washing brick, siding, decks and concrete
- Gutter cleaning
- Holiday lighting display installs, takedown and prep for storage, including product repairs
- Proper use of assist equipment such as reach poles and ladders.
- The ability to lift, move, push and pull up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather, year round.
- Ability to work at heights and climb a ladder up to 32 feet, and work at additional heights with the use of aerial lifts and other height assist equipment.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to observe and adhere to all industry and worksite safety regulations and requirements, and perform all tasks in a safe manner.
- Adept at establishing professional relationships with customers and coworkers and prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur.
- Ability to organize assigned tasks for completion, alone or with coworkers.
- Ability to neatly and legibly complete required paperwork in a timely manner, including estimates, receipts, and invoices.
- Ability to problem solve and envision all steps in assigned tasks.
- Ability to follow safety regulations and perform all tasks in a safe manner. Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
IV. Physical Demands
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb ladders, load and unload equipment, and safely drive the work vehicle. This position also requires walking around job sites, going up and down stairs and ladders, kneeling, bending, and reaching. At times, this position is physically demanding and the ability to lift, move, pull and push equipment of at least 75 pounds is required.
Kinesthetic Awareness- The Window Cleaning Tech must constantly be aware of his position and orientation amidst his physical surroundings. This includes an awareness of personal physical attributes such as balance, strength, endurance, and any limits therein.
V. Work Environment
The work environment varies from day-to-day depending on the job site, and includes outdoor and indoor work. Weather conditions will play a large part in the scheduling of work and in the staging of the job. This position handles exterior work and is frequently exposed to heat, cold, and inclement weather. Typically, work will continue in situations of mild weather such as light rain, snow, and/or wind. However, jobs may be cancelled due to weather that makes for unsafe work conditions. A decision to cancel work is reserved for the Owner to make.
VI. Responsibilities of All Employees
A. Mission, Vision & Values: Work cooperatively with all employees, clients and vendors to enhance our mission, vision and values. Support the mission by exhibiting professionalism, integrity and ethical behavior.
B. Communication and Teamwork: Develop and improve our communication system through positive communication practices and teamwork. Follow the company values in communicating with all employees, clients and vendors.
C. Policies and Procedures: Know, follow and enforce policies and procedures of the organization. Report to your supervisor incongruencies in practices and policies that serve to diminish the effectiveness of the procedures and are counterproductive to the mission.
D. Positive Work Environment: Build and foster positive employee attitudes and morale. Develop and promote positive co-worker relationships. Address problems between individuals directly, honestly and with integrity.
E. Cost Controls: Control costs by using assets efficiently and effectively toward the accomplishment of company goals and mission. Help promote responsible and cost-effective use of company resources. In other words, maintain and care for your equipment, and do not waste supplies.
F. Cultural Competency and Inclusiveness: Display sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and other differences in the employee, client and vendor population. Maintain and support a discrimination and harassment free environment.