At Your Service Heating and Cooling LLC
6801 Eastern Ave, Suite 209 Baltimore, Maryland
Posted July 09, 2021
About Install / Service Manager
At Your Service Heating and Cooling LLCBaltimore, Maryland Full Time Heating & Air Conditioning
A local HVAC contractor is looking for a hardworking, driven HVAC General Manager to join our growing team and become an integral part of our company's future! This individual will be responsible for sales, operations, profit/loss and must have a proven track record of achieving or exceeding revenue and profit goals.
Medical, dental, life insurance, Paid Holidays, PTO, sick time and 401K
5+ years management experience
HVAC experience preferred but not required
Proven record in operations and business management success
Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs
Cognitive ability to comprehend the core fundamentals and operations of the business
Detail-oriented, organized, and objective in decision-making
Demonstrate ability to lead, mentor and train personnel as necessary
Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
Excellent communication skills
Strong leadership abilities
Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Develop strategies to grow the business through superior sales execution and operational excellence
- Build annual operating plans focused on growing the business
- Oversees design, delivery, and quality of products and services provided.
- Stays abreast of current trends related to the HVAC and construction industry and anticipates future trends likely to have an impact on the business.
- Collects and analyzes evaluation information that measures the success of the organization's program efforts; refines or changes programs in response to that information.
- Promote professionalism and pride in order to attract high-potential team members
- Proven ability to hire, develop and motivate employees
- Reviews analyses in activities, cost, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Monitor payables and receivables to assure optimum cash flow
- Promotes a culture that reflects the organization's values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity
- Prudently manages the organization's resources within budget guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned, which can fluctuate as needed
Full Job Description Location:
We are currently looking for a dynamic HVAC/R General Manager. We have a great team of service technicians and Installers and are looking for someone who wants to be a pivotal member of our team's growth and success! Background in HVAC is not required, but construction or similar service industries would be ideal.
HVAC/R General Manager
$75,000 - $100,000 per year/ Depending on Experience
Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off starting year one, paid holidays, company training, education reimbursement and more!
To assist the Owner in the implementation and execution of the company's goals. This includes but is not limited to the following areas; supervision of the company's sales, service, installation, and administrative functions. In addition, specific duties relating to sales management and project management on the General Managers own specific job are also incorporated.
- Review billing reports, productivity reports on a daily basis, discussion with appropriate managers as warranted.
- Monitor expenses; approve overhead expenditures in line with stated authority from Owner.
- Continue to work with the Office staff and other employees to improve the overall internal efficiencies of the company.
- Responsible for meeting ownership's business goals.
- Implementation and execution of the strategic plan as outlined by the Owner to reach desired goals.
- Act as the Service Manager and backup manager to Installation and Office.
- Develop operations standards and policies through input and discussion with the Installation and Office Managers, and Service Team.
- Be available to answer manager and/or employee questions.
- Resolve disputes and problems, which may arise between various departments/managers.
- Resolve customer disputes if not settled at the managers level
- Negotiate pricing with vendors and suppliers, including billing terms, prompt pay discounts, shipping discounts
- Attend weekly meetings and assist the Owner in the tracking and monitoring of various department goals and effectiveness
- Inventory ordering, stocking and control for the shop and vehicles
- Manage the Service Technician Team: Assist with the dispatch function for our HVAC/R Service Technicians to ensure the appropriate technician is selected based on customer needs
- Supervise and delegate service employees, which includes involvement in hiring decisions, coordinating employee schedules, conducting staff meetings, training employees, evaluating performance, approving timesheets and supervising work assignments
- Coach and motivate technicians to work at their maximum productivity; coach, train and develop technicians to increase work and sales skills
- Support Sales efforts which could include: Developing the agenda and lead weekly sales meetings
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Pass background check & drug screen
- 5-10 years minimum Business Management Experience
- 5 years of Construction Industry Management Experience
- 3 years of HVAC/R Experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- Advanced Computer Skills
- P&L and labor management Experience
- Job Costing Experience
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Experience in Operating a Business with minimal supervision
- Experience in Managing multiple departments