Posted September 30, 2021
Intrepid HomesFramingham, Massachusetts Full Time Handyman
Intrepid Homes - Greater Boston, MA
Intrepid Homes is growing rapidly and looking for amazing people to join the team! We are a newly formed startup based in Boston, MA. We are innovating rapidly within the professional home services industry – an industry that has barely changed in the last 100 years. Why? Because hiring tradespeople or contractors to do even simple tasks is a frustrating and time-consuming process for customers. There are many reasons for this, but one of the biggest is the shortage of skilled tradespeople in the U.S. — the result of long-term trends that have pushed entry-level workers away from the trades.
At Intrepid, we are focused on building the next generation of trades professionals. We believe more skilled workers, enabled by modern technology, will power a wholly new (and vastly improved) customer experience for all.
About the Role
Intrepid Homes is growing rapidly and excited to offer this opportunity for a Handyman/Laborer to join our team. As a full-time employee of Intrepid Homes, you will collaborate with our team members as a construction, carpentry and remodeling subject matter specialist. This is a working role. We are looking for a technology-savvy individual who is ready to take their career to the next level while growing your core skill set and adding tremendous value to a fast-paced, start-up organization.
What you will do:
- Partner with our Operations & Customer Service Teams
- Facilitate residential & commercial remodeling and home improvement estimates of all sizes and scope
- Assess, recommend and install a variety of solutions to common home improvement projects
- Utilize your skills to execute projects
You click with people and have experience with a variety of technologies both mobile and desktop. You’re responsible and capable of juggling many tasks at any given moment. You understand what great service looks and feels like. You care about your customers and take the time to understand their wants and needs prior to starting to solve the issue at hand.
- 3+ years experience in construction, or a background in the trades (home improvements, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, house flipping, etc)
- Experience servicing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing common home improvement items
- Valid Driver's license
- Reliable transportation and tools
- Available to work full-time with flexibility to work after hours if needed.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, flexibility and an outstanding culture of intelligent, hard-working, and creative individuals.