Posted April 29, 2021
About Plant Operator
New Leaf BiofuelSan Diego, CA Full Time Full Time
Compensation: $51000.0 annually
This position works in a 24/7 industrial processing facility. It requires significant time on your feet and working outdoors. Physical lifting of up to 50 lbs. is regularly required during truck discharge and receival. The New Leaf Biofuel plant is a clean, modern facility that has just completed a major upgrade. There are times when clean up and maintenance is required, so candidates need to be willing get their hands dirty. The position involves working with chemicals, so high discipline and attention to detail is needed. Safety and hazard exposure prevention are top priorities at New Leaf.
Who we are looking for:
• Ability to learn and understand modern plant operations
• Strong mechanical/chemical aptitude
• Problem solving ability
• Able to work independently and follow complex instructions
• Safety conscious
• Collaborative team worker
• People looking for advancement
Duties and Responsibilities
• Operates and monitors a high-tech biodiesel production process.
• Uses process control and automation systems.
• Performs plant inspections and troubleshooting.
• Operates, monitors, troubleshoots, and maintains utility systems such as chillers, boilers, cooling towers, and air compressors as needed
• Performs routine maintenance.
Quality Testing & Assurance:
• Performs in-process quality testing to ensure process quality conformance.
• Assists with finished product testing for input into Certificates of Analysis (COA).
• Minimizes process non-conformances via adherence to best practices, established protocols, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
• Performs routine and assigned housekeeping tasks on a consistent basis in the plant, yard, and laboratory areas.
Raw Material Preparation:
• Receives and processes raw oil, with proper testing procedures to assure contract specs are met.
• Receives and loads clean oil.
• Receives and processes wastewater.
• Offloads other process chemicals while ensuring required safety measures are followed.
• Performs load-out of finished product and by-products while adhering to set sample retention procedures.
Documentation and Communication:
• Completes all required data on batch reports and notes any unusual characteristics during process.
• Records all necessary information pertaining to product, feedstock, and chemical testing.
• Shipping and receiving – Fills in all required data on BOLs, meter tickets, and sample tags.
• Plant status – Completes all logs and reports pertaining to issues during shift.
• Safety and common sense – Reports anything unsafe or out of the ordinary to the next shift.
The target starting salary for this role is $51,000-$81,000 depending on experience. Long term career plan and training opportunities. Benefits include 100% health insurance coverage for employees, dental, a 401k savings plan, and bonus potential. In addition, we love to foster a sense of community through company-sponsored events like baseball games, picnics, and other team-building events.