Position Purpose (Summary)
The function of this position is to:
- Replace, modify, and/or install warm air furnaces, air conditioners, duct distribution systems, boilers, water heaters, and related piping and electrical to meet or exceed the manufacturer’s recommendations and local codes.
- Can startup installed equipment and adjust to the manufacturers and job specifications.
- Can troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues that arise during an installation that would keep the equipment from functioning properly.
- Communicate with the consumer regarding the proper operation and owner’s maintenance of the installed equipment. Answer related questions as to operation, features, and functions to the homeowner.
- Perform required documentation for each installation with a complete startup record. Have client sign necessary paper work and collect payments as directed.
HVAC Installer Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks
- Customer service attitude.
- Must have a good working knowledge of products and services being offered. This may require additional study and training both on and off site.
- Become knowledgeable of various municipalities' plan requirements, permit requirements and submittal processes.
- Communicate with Field Installation Supervisor throughout each project in order to assure proper, prompt completion of the job.
- Continuously improve knowledge of construction in general and learn how CABS Heating and Air Conditioning operates to benefit the customer.
- Establish goals and objectives as they relate to your position, along with a plan of action to attain or exceed set goals.
- Regularly review and monitor progress against goals and seek assistance as needed.
- Communicate effectively with associates, superiors, vendors, and customers.
- Insure customer satisfaction with follow up on all installations.
- Ask and obtain customer referrals and web recommendations
- Build and practice superior interpersonal skills.
- Should be able to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings and specification.
- Can accurately list/order materials and supplies for use on the job.
- Can work under time constraints, budgetary limits, and pressures.
- Efficiently manage his/her time and schedules.
- Be computer literate to the extent necessary to fulfill this function. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is required. Should also be very familiar with the use of smart phones, email, and outlook.
- Be capable of understanding client needs. Continuously learn through training from suppliers, trade shows, seminars, independent study, and other employees.
- Maintain a neat, clean, and professional appearance.
- Other duties as assigned
Check us out, visit our website, Career’s Page, and reach out to us.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all inquiries are kept confidential.
To apply for: HVAC Residential Installer @ CABS Heating and Air Conditioning
We are committed to excellence and professionalism
· Competitive Wages
· Medical, Dental, Vision and Supplemental Insurance available
· PTO (Vacation & Additional sick time - PAID)
· Paid Holidays (6)